Minecraft is one of the most famous sandbox action-adventure games by Mojang Studios. It offers you a 3D world experience with infinite terrain. In this game, you can make and break apart multiple types of blocks into three-dimensional worlds. But some gamers encounter launching issues on Windows while trying to run the game. If you are facing the same issue, then here are some solutions that can help you. Let’s check them out.
Stop the Minecraft Process
You should stop the Minecraft process by following these guidelines laid down below:
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ hotkeys simultaneously to invoke the Task Manager.
- Once you reach the tab of Processes, select the Minecraft option, and right-click on it, then pick the End task option.
- Now, open Minecraft once again to check whether it is working correctly.
Launch Minecraft as Administrator
- Go to the start menu.
- Click on File Explorer.
- Click on This PC and then go to Local Disk (C:).
- Select Program Files (x86).
- Find the Minecraft folder.
- Open the folder and click on View at the top.
- Now, tick the box next to Hidden Items.
- Find the Minecraft icon and right-click on it.
- From the context menu, choose Properties.
- Click on Compatibility and allow the game to run in compatibility mode.
- Choose the Windows XP Service Pack 3 option.
- Go to the Privilege Level option, island click on Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Finally, click on OK.
Remove the Mods
Before you delete the mode, ensure that the server is not running, as files that are currently in use cannot be deleted. Close the server, remove the mods, and restart. First, open the Start menu, and search for Run. Click on the second option and then select search apps. Find the Minecraft mods, click on them, and hit the Delete button.
Using the Compatibility Mode
- Navigate to Minecraft and right-click on it.
- Then reach the Properties option and select it.
- Once you get the tab of Compatibility, mark the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ box.
- You should select the OS from the pull-down menu.
- Now, hit the Apply and OK buttons.
- Once apply the changes.
Install the Minecraft Again
You should install Minecraft again by pursuing these guidelines given below:
- Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft on your system.
- After that, select the ‘uninstall’ option and twice click on it to uninstall the Minecraft.
- Now, download the latest Minecraft version.
Jason Bravo is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2005. As a technical expert, Jason has written technical, manuals blogs, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : How to Fix Minecraft Won’t Launch on Windows?